Monday, March 22, 2010

ORLY'S SWEET COLLECTION

ORLY describes this collection as vibrant, candy-inspired pastels and they are that and more. On their website ORLY claims that the nail lacquers are DBP, Formaldehyde and Toluene free. Now I'm not sure what that means in terms of making the polishes better or worse or more environmentally friendly, but I guess it's good to know otherwise they probably wouldn't have stated it, lol. I love love love ORLY Polishes and I will be doing some more blogging on my favorite ORLY colors as well as their nail care products, but my favorite thing about ORLY products is the rubber grip handle. You really have so much more control when using the wand. The brush applicator is long and pretty thin, compared to OPI and I feel like you can get a more precise application around the edges of the cuticle.

Now I haven't used these particular colors on my nails yet and I just painted these plastic tips for my bog, but I was like WOW! The formula is sooo creamy and I really think that I could have gotten away with one coat. I know these pics aren't the greatest. (I need a new camera for pics really bad) anyway, I did not put a top coat on them and they are very shiney. I would use a top coat anyway just to insure that the polish lasted as long as possible and that they stayed shiney.. I know that these matte nail polishes are really "in " right now, but I think it looks horrible. It just looks like an old paint job or like you didn't have time to finish your manicure. Not cute...in my opinion.

Oh also, they have a little mini lip gloss attached to each color...too cute! THESE ARE LIMITED ADDITION!! SO GET GO GET UM QUICK!

Color Names from left to right.. (I'm missing PixiStixs, they were sold out)
Cotton Candy, Lollipop, Lemonade, Snowcone & Gumdrop








What do you think of these colors and what are your fav's for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment